Thursday, January 11, 2007

Tonight's show: Paul Gravett's guide to comics part one

Continuing Comic Book Month on "I'm ready for my close-up", we have the first half of Alex Fitch & Duncan Nott's interview with Paul Gravett, author of "Manga: 60 years of Japanese Comics", "Graphic Novels - Stories to change your life" and "Great British Comics". Alex and Duncan will be discussing with Paul the continuing appeal of British Comics, the evolving market for Graphic Novels and monthly 'pamplets' plus the changing censorship of the medium in general.

Links: www.paulgravett.com
www.greatbritishcomics.com
Buy Paul's books from Amazon

10.30pm GMT Resonance 104.4FM / www.resonancefm.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Alex - I plugged this on the Forbidden Planet blog a few days ago, just wondering if you have the show archived and if so, is there is a direct link to it? If there is let me know and I'd be happy to stick it up on our blog so the wider comics community can seek it out.

Joe

Alex said...

Patience young padawan... It's up now...
I mentioned last week's show on the Comics International boards at Yahoo and both last week and this week on the Newsarama forum and neither lot seemed interested. Hope you have more luck at F/P... Do you work there?

Garen said...

Well I really enjoyed this one with Paul, and the earlier one with Kev Sutherland too. It was plugged on the BugPowder list which is where I heard about it. I'm sure more people are listening to it too. Well done - great stuff to listen to while working - thank you.

Alex said...

You're welcome! Wow, I have listeners! This is the first show I've done that's had feedback, I ought to stick to comics and give up on the film and TV lark...
I just checked out www.bugpowder.com and it looks like a cool resource...